Your retainers are a crucial part of your treatment. Your teeth can shift at any age, so you must keep wearing and taking care of your retainers to avoid needing treatment later in life. Listed below are special instructions to ensure that you are successful.
To maintain the cleanliness and effectiveness of your retainers:
- Wear your retainers a minimum of 10-12hrs daily
- Always place your retainers in their case when not worn
- Rinse and gently clean your retainers (Just like teeth, retainers can develop plaque buildup if not cleaned properly)
- You can also thoroughly clean your retainers by using retainer or denture cleaning tablets
- Always place and remove your retainers with your fingers; biting them into position will break the retainers.
- After dinner, brush your teeth, rinse, and wear your retainers.
- Sleep with your retainers in place.
- In the morning, gently clean your retainers before storing them in your retainer case.
- Failing to wear retainers daily will result in teeth shifting, requiring retreatment.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions! With your help, we will provide you with a healthy, beautiful smile!!
The Team at Shoe Orthodontic